Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 15
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Area adjoining border sensitive” by Nabin Jha, Manika Jha, Kranti Sah, Phani Mahat, Sunil Thakur and Santosh Yadav datelined Janakpur, Birgunj, Rautahat, Sarlahi and Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A police officer.
Kantipur report headlined “Ncell capital gains tax evasion issue- Tax evaded also in previous sales” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at Tax Office, source, an official and an official involved in tax assessment.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempts underway to remove director general of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal — Govt losing Rs 7 billion” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Source at the Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation in two instances, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Land bought through a shady deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior official.
Republica headlined “Clarifications sought from CAAN chief can cause Nepal Rs 6b loss” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in six instances: sources at Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation, informed sources, sources in two instances, an official of the District Election Office, Dhanusha and sources at Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge