Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 15
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Area adjoining border sensitive” by Nabin Jha, Manika Jha, Kranti Sah, Phani Mahat, Sunil Thakur and Santosh Yadav datelined Janakpur, Birgunj, Rautahat, Sarlahi and Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A police officer.
Kantipur report headlined “Ncell capital gains tax evasion issue- Tax evaded also in previous sales” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at Tax Office, source, an official and an official involved in tax assessment.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempts underway to remove director general of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal — Govt losing Rs 7 billion” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Source at the Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation in two instances, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Land bought through a shady deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior official.
Republica headlined “Clarifications sought from CAAN chief can cause Nepal Rs 6b loss” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in six instances: sources at Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation, informed sources, sources in two instances, an official of the District Election Office, Dhanusha and sources at Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!