Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 15
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Area adjoining border sensitive” by Nabin Jha, Manika Jha, Kranti Sah, Phani Mahat, Sunil Thakur and Santosh Yadav datelined Janakpur, Birgunj, Rautahat, Sarlahi and Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A police officer.
Kantipur report headlined “Ncell capital gains tax evasion issue- Tax evaded also in previous sales” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at Tax Office, source, an official and an official involved in tax assessment.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempts underway to remove director general of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal — Govt losing Rs 7 billion” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Source at the Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation in two instances, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Land bought through a shady deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior official.
Republica headlined “Clarifications sought from CAAN chief can cause Nepal Rs 6b loss” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in six instances: sources at Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation, informed sources, sources in two instances, an official of the District Election Office, Dhanusha and sources at Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently