Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 15
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Area adjoining border sensitive” by Nabin Jha, Manika Jha, Kranti Sah, Phani Mahat, Sunil Thakur and Santosh Yadav datelined Janakpur, Birgunj, Rautahat, Sarlahi and Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A police officer.
Kantipur report headlined “Ncell capital gains tax evasion issue- Tax evaded also in previous sales” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at Tax Office, source, an official and an official involved in tax assessment.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempts underway to remove director general of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal — Govt losing Rs 7 billion” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Source at the Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation in two instances, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Land bought through a shady deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior official.
Republica headlined “Clarifications sought from CAAN chief can cause Nepal Rs 6b loss” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in six instances: sources at Ministry of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation, informed sources, sources in two instances, an official of the District Election Office, Dhanusha and sources at Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?