Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Chief of Thawang Rural Municipality abducted” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a security official.
Nagarik report headlined “Clarification sought for not purchasing Aang Chhiring’s land” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a source in three instances, and a highly-placed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Parliamentary Good Governance Committee instructs government to suspend Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA, PMO concerned about projects for MPs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A senior official at Ministry of Local Development, officials and senor officials at prime minister’s office. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Ploy to oust CAAN chief for not buying Sherpa’s land” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “House panel tells ministry to ‘suspend’ NOC’s Khadka” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently