Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Chief of Thawang Rural Municipality abducted” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a security official.
Nagarik report headlined “Clarification sought for not purchasing Aang Chhiring’s land” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a source in three instances, and a highly-placed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Parliamentary Good Governance Committee instructs government to suspend Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA, PMO concerned about projects for MPs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A senior official at Ministry of Local Development, officials and senor officials at prime minister’s office. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Ploy to oust CAAN chief for not buying Sherpa’s land” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “House panel tells ministry to ‘suspend’ NOC’s Khadka” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item