Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Chief of Thawang Rural Municipality abducted” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a security official.
Nagarik report headlined “Clarification sought for not purchasing Aang Chhiring’s land” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a source in three instances, and a highly-placed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Parliamentary Good Governance Committee instructs government to suspend Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA, PMO concerned about projects for MPs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A senior official at Ministry of Local Development, officials and senor officials at prime minister’s office. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Ploy to oust CAAN chief for not buying Sherpa’s land” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “House panel tells ministry to ‘suspend’ NOC’s Khadka” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
- Fact Check Bajura, not Saptari, is the most backward district of Nepal
- In Public Interest Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths