Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Chief of Thawang Rural Municipality abducted” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a security official.
Nagarik report headlined “Clarification sought for not purchasing Aang Chhiring’s land” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a source in three instances, and a highly-placed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Parliamentary Good Governance Committee instructs government to suspend Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA, PMO concerned about projects for MPs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A senior official at Ministry of Local Development, officials and senor officials at prime minister’s office. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Ploy to oust CAAN chief for not buying Sherpa’s land” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “House panel tells ministry to ‘suspend’ NOC’s Khadka” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge