Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Chief of Thawang Rural Municipality abducted” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a security official.
Nagarik report headlined “Clarification sought for not purchasing Aang Chhiring’s land” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a source in three instances, and a highly-placed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Parliamentary Good Governance Committee instructs government to suspend Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA, PMO concerned about projects for MPs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A senior official at Ministry of Local Development, officials and senor officials at prime minister’s office. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Ploy to oust CAAN chief for not buying Sherpa’s land” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “House panel tells ministry to ‘suspend’ NOC’s Khadka” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!