Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 17
South Asia Check / October 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “NOC had bought lands as per CIAA directive” by Bikash Thapa and Rajesh Burma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source in two instances, a source at the Ministry of Supplies in three instances, and a highly-placed source. NOC stands for Nepal Oil Corporation and CIAA for the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Annapurna Post report headlined “‘Government should bear poll expenditures” to check unwanted activities during electoral silence” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepali migrant workers in Malaysia being cheated by middlemen” by Janak Raj Sapkota datelined Kuala Lumpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A highly-placed source, and an illegal migrant workers found in Nepali Embassy.
Nagarik report headlined “Tourism minister sides with blacklisted firm” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: An official at the Ministry of Tourism in three instances, and a source at the Ministry of Tourism.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka scheming to avoid action” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances, and a source at Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Civil servants seek promotion for adjustment in new set-up” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A government secretary.
Republica report headlined “Minister sides with blacklisted Spanish firm in row with CAAN” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation. Here CAAN stands for Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently