Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 17
South Asia Check / October 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “NOC had bought lands as per CIAA directive” by Bikash Thapa and Rajesh Burma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source in two instances, a source at the Ministry of Supplies in three instances, and a highly-placed source. NOC stands for Nepal Oil Corporation and CIAA for the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Annapurna Post report headlined “‘Government should bear poll expenditures” to check unwanted activities during electoral silence” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepali migrant workers in Malaysia being cheated by middlemen” by Janak Raj Sapkota datelined Kuala Lumpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A highly-placed source, and an illegal migrant workers found in Nepali Embassy.
Nagarik report headlined “Tourism minister sides with blacklisted firm” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: An official at the Ministry of Tourism in three instances, and a source at the Ministry of Tourism.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka scheming to avoid action” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances, and a source at Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Civil servants seek promotion for adjustment in new set-up” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A government secretary.
Republica report headlined “Minister sides with blacklisted Spanish firm in row with CAAN” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation. Here CAAN stands for Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item