Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 3
South Asia Check / September 7, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Nepali Congress busy in selecting poll candidates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Kathmandu National Medical College’s affiliation cancelled – Decision to close hospital” by Makar Shrestha and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Source and a member of the Tribhuvan University Executive Council.
Nagarik report headlined “Kathmandu National Medical College’s affiliation scrapped” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Parties struggle to pick candidates in Dhanusha” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Nepali Congress party insiders, Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN) sources and an RJPN leader. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths