Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 26
South Asia Check / August 27, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Cricket used for human trafficking” by Dipendra Gurung datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed cricketer.
Kantipur report headlined “Congress finally picks its ministers” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed Congress leaders.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Congress finalises ministers’ names, swearing-in today” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources close to Sher Bahadur Deuba in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC’s ministerial berth pangs finally over” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources.
Republica report headlined “Interpol suspends red corner notice against wildlife ‘smuggler’” by Kamal Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepal Police officer
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old photos of former king and queen circulating with false claims
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables