Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 18
South Asia Check / December 19, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Amendment process important, forge consensus: India” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed official.
Kantipur report headlined “There won’t be talks immediately: Morcha” datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed participant of a meeting of the agitating United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “596 individuals granted naturalized citizenship after constitution promulgation” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed administrative officer stationed in a Tarai district.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Charter revision will ease cargo passage: India” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Border point open but no passage for trucks and tankers” by Sher Bahadur KC datelined Butwal has quoted an unnamed police officer from Rupandehi.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Onta suspended on CIAA instruction” by Yam Birahi and Sambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed high-level source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).
Republica report headlined “CIAA wants suspension of APF chief Onta over corruption” by Kamal Pariyar and Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source close to the Armed Police Force (APF).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check These ‘basic medicines for Covid-19’ shouldn’t be taken without doctor’s advice
- Fact Check A supposed home remedy for boosting blood oxygen levels is unfounded
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently