Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 19
South Asia Check / February 20, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Deuba and Poudel in the fray” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Relations between Oli and Thapa growing chilly” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Mechanism formed to fix boundary row” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed representative of the United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Aspirants for party prez intensify bids to line up support” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali Congress leader. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables