Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 25
South Asia Check / February 26, 2016
Kantipur report on Tara Air plane crash headlined “Pilot was experienced” by Swaroop Acharya and Kanchan Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with Tara Air.
Nagarik report headlined “Plane crashed ‘due to bad weather'” by Sushil Bhattarai, Santosh Pokharel and Harikrishna Gautam datelined Kathmandu, Pokhara and Myagdi has quoted two unnamed sources: A senior captain, and another captain.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress establishment under pressure to put forward a common candidate” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A leader, a source, and another leader.
Annapurna Post report headlined “‘Hindu State’ is Modi’s message” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Five different sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “No joint communiqué as PM Oli wraps up India visit” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Highly-placed sources on both sides, officials privy to the visit and a member of the Nepali delegation.
The Kathmandu Post report on Tara Air plane crash headlined “Experts blame multiple factors” by Sangam Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: an aviation expert.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Tara Air plane crashes en route to Jomsom, leaving all 23 aboard dead” jointly by Pushpa Raj Acharya and Rup Narayan Dhakal datelined Kathmandu and Pokhara has quoted one unnamed source: A high-ranking official of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM Oli returns from India” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official accompanying Prime Minister K P Oli to India.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
- Fact Check Political commentator falsely claims Nepal postage stamp issued in 1958 had a ‘pointy map’
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables