Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 3
South Asia Check / February 4, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “South Asian Games’ Rs 30 million deposited in private account” by Dipendra Gurung datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the National Sports Council.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “UCPN-Maoist posing hurdles in endorsing TRC, CIEDP regulations” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. TRC refers to Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and CIEDP stands for Commission of Investigation on Enforced Disappeared Persons.
Nagarik report headlined “Front calls for support from BJP leader” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Patna (India) has quoted an unnamed source. Front refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Should we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron?
- Fact Check News reports about suspension of international flights are false
- Fact Check Mahesh Acharya had resigned as defense minister after governor’s reinstatement
- Fact Check Old photos being circulated as recent ones from Ukraine war
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
In Public InterestShould we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron? By Pravin Bhatta/South Asia Check On May 4, 2022, Nepal reported the death of a 45-year-old woman fr... Read More
- Read this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air