Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 12
South Asia Check / July 13, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Consensus government not on the cards” by Durga Khanal and Kulchandra Neupaney datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Consensus government impossible: Congress” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “No support for consensus government” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed leader.
Nagarik report headlined “India demands payment for gift” by Dipak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source from Ministry of Defense, a senior military official, and another official from the Air Directorate.
Nagarik report headlined “Six of NAC’s eight aircraft grounded” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed officials.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML, Maoists agree ‘to strengthen coalition’ datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NAC facing its worst crisis” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: An unnamed engineer and a source from the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Aviation.
Republica report headlined “Up to 15 pc social security funds misused” by Siromani Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance.
Republica report headlined “Maoist brass asks Dahal to hold decisive talks with PM” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
- Fact Check Viral TikTok videos claiming Nepal imposed new Covid lockdown are lies
- Fact Check Social media posts claiming international news media praised CPN-UML general convention are baseless
- Fact Check Foreign video clips circulating on TikTok as Nepal floods
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables