Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 14
South Asia Check / July 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepali Congress to get 14 ministries including home ministry” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Oli could support Deuba” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed UML source.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress and Maoists reach out to Madhesi leaders” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Delay in ratification of budget bills won’t affect govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed former finance minister. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC preparing to stake claim to 12 ministries” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader and another unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check These ‘basic medicines for Covid-19’ shouldn’t be taken without doctor’s advice
- Fact Check A supposed home remedy for boosting blood oxygen levels is unfounded
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently