Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 5
South Asia Check / March 6, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Three panels scramble for votes” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A leader close to Sher Bahadur Deuba, a leader close to Ram Chandra Paudel, and sources close to the two.
Kantipur report on the general convention of the Nepali Congress headlined “Panels from top to bottom” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A leader and a central committee member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “IRC team searching for bodies in Rolpa” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted three unnamed sources: Families of the victims, a local of Harigatina and another local of the village. IRC refers to the International Red Cross.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
- Fact Check Viral TikTok videos claiming Nepal imposed new Covid lockdown are lies
- Fact Check Social media posts claiming international news media praised CPN-UML general convention are baseless
- Fact Check Foreign video clips circulating on TikTok as Nepal floods
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables