Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 28
South Asia Check / November 29, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Amendment looks distant” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a minister.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Draft that cost Rs 450 million now useless” by Raju Baskota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation.
Kantipur report headlined “Karki had been recommended for suspension” by Krishna Gywali datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed former officers from the National Planning Commission.
Kantipur report headlined “Ramdev invested in Nepal without permission” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and three government officials.
Kantipur report headlined “Government- KC talks fail” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of KC’s talks team. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Prime minister cuts short meeting to attend Ramdev’s function” by Bhasha Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the cabinet.
Nagarik report headlined “Dahal dreads Article 274” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Remove the VC and dean” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed doctor.
Republica report headlined “NC, Maoist leaders at odds with own MPs over delineation” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the CPN (Maoist Centre).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables