Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 22
South Asia Check / September 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Supreme Court’s instructional letter to govt – Furnish documents on Lokman appointment” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official from the Supreme Court administration.
Kantipur report headlined “Seeking donation forcibly get momentum” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempt to change NRA CEO” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source close to Pushpa Kamal Dahal and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Graft cases against CPN-MC leaders weak: PM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A CPN (Maoist Center) central committee member. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old photos of former king and queen circulating with false claims
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables