Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 23
South Asia Check / September 24, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute between home minister and police chief escalates” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and an official at the Ministry of Home Affairs in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Constitution amendment proposal being presented” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source associated with official residence of the prime minister in two instances, a source in one instance, a source close to Prime Minister Dahal in one instance, and a source close to the prime minister in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 25 billion loan issued with government as guarantor” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, and a concerned official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Jumbo civil aviation team flying to Canada on a ‘fun trip'” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: A member of the delegation, an official at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, a ministry official, and a senior aeronautical engineer.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Army offers mea culpa for barring NHRC from probe” by Dewan Rai datelined Lalitpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Nepal Army official, and National Human Right Commissions’ officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables