Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 7
South Asia Check / September 8, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Chinese president’s visit postponed” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed government official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Should we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron?
- Fact Check News reports about suspension of international flights are false
- Fact Check Mahesh Acharya had resigned as defense minister after governor’s reinstatement
- Fact Check Old photos being circulated as recent ones from Ukraine war
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
In Public InterestShould we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron? By Pravin Bhatta/South Asia Check On May 4, 2022, Nepal reported the death of a 45-year-old woman fr... Read More
- Read this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers Among five major national dailies monitored this quarter, Nagarik has used the most number of anonymous sources in its front page reports. Read More
Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers In the second quarter of 2021, among five major dailies monitored, Nagarik used the most number of anonymous sources in its front page reports. Read More