Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 24
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba-Modi hold surprise meeting” datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ministries in mess after addition of state ministers” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Secretaries and a secretary.
Kantipur report headlined “Unscheduled meeting between Deuba and Modi” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Income from drug dealing diverted to share market” by Krishna Gyawali and Janak Raj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior police official.
Nagarik report headlined “Dilly-dallying over initiating action against Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Ministry of Supplies.
Nagarik report headlined “Affiliation granted under pressure from the government” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the Agreement Implementation Monitoring Committee and a member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Modi seeks to better ties with Nepal” by Anil Giri datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in five instances: officials in three instances, a high-level Nepali official and a Nepali official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables