Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 9
South Asia Check / August 10, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Fewa lake encroachment series- CIAA takes interest” by Santosh Pokharel datelined Pokhara has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An engineer of Pokhara-Lekhanath Metropolitan City, and the then office bearers of the High-level Commission for Conservation of Fewa Lake.
Republica report headlined “CIAA takes up Fewa lake encroachment” by Santosh Pokharel datelined Pokhara has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An engineer of Pokhara-Lekhanath Metropolitan City.
Republica report headlined “RPP split hampers vote on amendment” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Senior leaders of the ruling parties, a leader, and a leader of a ruling party.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
- Fact Check Political commentator falsely claims Nepal postage stamp issued in 1958 had a ‘pointy map’
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables