Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 19
South Asia Check / February 20, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “PM requested UDMF to work together for poll date announcement” by Suresh Kumar Yadav datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF), and another unnamed leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Heated exchange at talks between parties” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “NAC to get 25 billion from Employees Provident Fund” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official of Nepal Airlines Corporation twice.
Nagarik report headlined “Secretary blocks minister’s path” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Health twice, a source close to the health minister in four instances, another source once, and also an unnamed director from the Ministry of Health.
Nagarik report headlined “No agreement with UDMF yet” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source close to the prime minister, and a minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha puts PM under pressure” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders from the Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front] once.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal to hold final talks with parties” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Prime Minister’s Office once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently