Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 4
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “NC preparing to forge broader democratic front” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source in three instances, a source at Maoist Center, and a source at the prime minister’s official residence, Baluwatar.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal tells Deuba, “Ruling alliance will remain intact” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances, and a leader from Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “Leftist alliance was long in the making” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior leader and a leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables