Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 18
South Asia Check / April 19, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Chinese planes pushing Nepal Airlines Corporation toward bankruptcy” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official and two unnamed officials from Nepal Airlines Corporation.
Kantipur report headlined “Corruption at Poverty Alleviation Fund itself” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Donors provided aid but government didn’t distribute” by Balkrishna Adhikari has quoted an unnamed official from the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables