Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 12
South Asia Check / January 13, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Accept amendments and move forward” written by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed official.
Nagarik report headlined “Prime minister telephones Mahato” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source close to the prime minister. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Set priorities for Indian visit says PM Oli” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior Nepali diplomat.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old photos of former king and queen circulating with false claims
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables