Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 14
South Asia Check / November 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Health Minister unhappy with government decision to provide Sujata Rs 5 million” by Deepa Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Irregularities in APF’s welfare fund” by Sambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “This is how CIAA oversteps the constitution” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed commissioner from the CIAA and other sources in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “IoM dean appointed amid controversy” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathamndu has quoted an unnamed source from the Tribhuvan University.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt registering amendment proposal unilaterally: Morcha” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader of Sadhbhawana Party. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “TU appoints Dr KP Singh IoM dean amid controversy” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance and a doctor.
Republica report headlined “CIAA riding roughshod over right to privacy” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official, a commissioner from the CIAA and unnamed sources in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
- Fact Check Political commentator falsely claims Nepal postage stamp issued in 1958 had a ‘pointy map’
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables