Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 29
South Asia Check / November 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “LP gas distributed directly from factory to those with recommendations” by Kalendra Sejuwal datelined Nepalgunj has quoted two unnamed sources: A Kohalpur-based LP gas dealer and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “UML takes rigid stance” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source. This news does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Three major parties busy with negotiations” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Sources close to Koirala. The report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Letter to China requesting tax discounts” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An official from the Ministry of the Commerce and Supply, a source, and a source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Steep decline in Nepali migrants going to Malaysia” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Officials at the Ministry of Labor and Employment, and experts.
Kantipur report headlined “Two fake students at doctors’ licensing exam” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An office bearer of the Nepal Medical Council and some former office bearers of the Council.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently