Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 13
South Asia Check / October 14, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Upheaval in United Democratic Madeshi Front” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at Tarai-Madhes Democratic Party, sources close to Federal Socialist Forum Nepal (FSFN) and Tarai-Madhes Sadbhavana Party, highly-placed source at the United Democratic Madhesi Front, a senior leader of FSFN, and a senior leader of Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Problem in sharing ministries” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A source, another source, a leader of the UCPN (Maoist), another source, and a leader of the CPN-UML.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Fuel flow from India increases” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Customs officials and Nepal Oil Corporation officials. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “9-member cabinet formed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A UML source, a source close to CPN-UML chief K P Oli, UCPN (Maoist) sources, and UML sources. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Power-sharing ‘before full cabinet'” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the UCPN (Maoist) and a UML leader. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Thapa to approach India for resumption of supplies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Sources. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables