Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / November 2, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “No support for Eminent Persons’ Group” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the cabinet.
Kantipur report headlined “Advisors are appointed arbitrarily to dish out official benefits” by Balaram Baniya and Abdullah Miya datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed official from Prime Minister’s Office and the Cabinet.”
The Himalayan Times report headlined “No poll until state restructuring and revision of provincial boundaries completed: FA” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check These ‘basic medicines for Covid-19’ shouldn’t be taken without doctor’s advice
- Fact Check A supposed home remedy for boosting blood oxygen levels is unfounded
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently