Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / October 29, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “President to be elected today” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source from the President’s Office.
Nagarik report headlined “Decisive talks with China today” by Purna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the Nepali delegation.
Nagarik report headlined “India files complaint directly at CIAA” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Finance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “We will help ease fuel crisis” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The report has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report titled “China ready to provide fuel” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official. The report has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check These ‘basic medicines for Covid-19’ shouldn’t be taken without doctor’s advice
- Fact Check A supposed home remedy for boosting blood oxygen levels is unfounded
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently