Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 6
South Asia Check / July 18, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Traffickers bribe immigration officials to smuggle Nepali workers through visit visas” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in three instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N scrambles to make sense of its own decision” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Party insiders, an RJP-N leader, RJP-N leaders, and leaders. RJP-N stands for Rastriya Janata Party Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Ministerial portfolio sharing triggers rift within ruling NC” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Leaders familiar with the development, a leader belonging to the Ram Chandra Paudel faction, and sources.
Republica report headlined “RJPN to contest polls, amendment or no” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: RJPN leaders in two instances and leader from RJPN. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Bir’s radiotherapy machine tender call said to be illegal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: sources from Bir Hospital and a source. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Should we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron?
- Fact Check News reports about suspension of international flights are false
- Fact Check Mahesh Acharya had resigned as defense minister after governor’s reinstatement
- Fact Check Old photos being circulated as recent ones from Ukraine war
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
In Public InterestShould we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron? By Pravin Bhatta/South Asia Check On May 4, 2022, Nepal reported the death of a 45-year-old woman fr... Read More
- Read this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air