Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 9
South Asia Check / July 25, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 160 million sought to purchasing cars for president” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source at the Ministry of Defense, various sources, and an official at the Ministry of Defense.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Thapa blamed for making personal ambition a precondition” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Rastriya Prajatantra Party in two instances. The report does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez Bhandari seeks Rs 160 million to buy new presidential fleet” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Ministry of Defense source, sources and an official at the Ministry of Defense.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check These ‘basic medicines for Covid-19’ shouldn’t be taken without doctor’s advice
- Fact Check A supposed home remedy for boosting blood oxygen levels is unfounded
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently