Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 16
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election in Province 2 on September 18” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A leader and a highly-placed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “June 18 fixed for filing candidacies” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An election commissioner.
Nagarik report headlined “RJPN still unsatisfied” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt postpones polls in Province 2” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Congress central committee member. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Should we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron?
- Fact Check News reports about suspension of international flights are false
- Fact Check Mahesh Acharya had resigned as defense minister after governor’s reinstatement
- Fact Check Old photos being circulated as recent ones from Ukraine war
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
In Public InterestShould we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron? By Pravin Bhatta/South Asia Check On May 4, 2022, Nepal reported the death of a 45-year-old woman fr... Read More
- Read this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air