Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 25
South Asia Check / May 29, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Elections to be held in third phase in newly-created local units” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader from Nepali Congress and a CPN-UML parliamentarian elected from the tarai.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dalai Lama’s photo on Mt Everest” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal’s second tenure as Prime Minister: First term was about excitement, this term is about pragmatism” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Knowledgeable sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Homework starts” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source close to Sher Bahadur Deuba. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “House adjourned” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: sources. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Polls on June 14 with added local units difficult, says EC” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source from the Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “EC rules out polls in 22 newly elected local units” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source two instances: senior ruling coalition leaders and election experts.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old photos of former king and queen circulating with false claims
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables