Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 5
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Another alliance formed for electoral adjustments” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed ‘source’ in two instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “NC decides to forge electoral alliance” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of the Nepali Congress Working Committee.
Kantipur report headlined “Prachanda declined even prime ministerial post: Deuba” by Kul Chandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source present at the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “We will not seek change in government: Left alliance” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A UML leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Gautam cannot be removed: Election Commission” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in three instances: A source concerned, a former secretary of the Ministry of Tourism, and a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What led to the broad left electoral alliance and what next?” by Akhilesh Upadhyay datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
Republica report headlined “Alliance not to seek govt change: Left leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior UML leader and one UML leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables