Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 6
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Pressure mounts to sack Maoist ministers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in three instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal visits of Modi and Sirisena postponed” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: A source in two instances, a diplomatic source, a government official, a source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in two instances, and officials.
Nagarik report headlined “PM working to expel Maoist Center ministers” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: Source in three instances, a source close to Deuba in three instances, and a central level leader of the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepal Oil Corporation’s Khadka commits another wrongdoing, Rs 30 million embezzled in aviation fuel” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A senior official at Nepal Oil Corporation, a former head of depot at airport, and a source at the corporation.
Kantipur report headlined “Jugglery to grant affliations” by Makar Shreshta datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: A source in five instances, a staffer at the secretariat of the minister, and a source at the CTEVT in three instances. CTEVT stands for the Center for Technical Education and Vocational Training.
Republica report headlined “Deuba mulls sacking Maoist ministers, govt reshuffle” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source and sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “All eyes on which way FSFN will go” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader of the Federal Socialist Forum Nepal. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables