Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 7
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute in police over 30-year service period” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: A deputy inspector general.
Kantipur report headlined “Let the election not be disrupted: Election Commission” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Electoral alliance between FSFN and RJPN” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances. RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party Nepal and Federal Socialist Forum Nepal.
Nagarik report headlined “Six-party alliance busy sharing electoral constituencies” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A member of taskforce in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables