CEO appointed at National Reconstruction Authority
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
On August 13, Nepal government appointed vice chairman of the National Planning Commission Govinda Raj Pokharel as the chief executive officer of the National Reconstruction Authority.
Talking to BBC Nepali service on Monday (August 13), Pokharel said the authority needs time to form its internal working mechanism and aims to start reconstruction work only after the Tihar festival in November.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!