CEO appointed at National Reconstruction Authority
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
On August 13, Nepal government appointed vice chairman of the National Planning Commission Govinda Raj Pokharel as the chief executive officer of the National Reconstruction Authority.
Talking to BBC Nepali service on Monday (August 13), Pokharel said the authority needs time to form its internal working mechanism and aims to start reconstruction work only after the Tihar festival in November.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature