National Reconstruction Authority formed
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
In June, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav endorsed the Ordinance on Reconstruction of Damaged Structures 2072 [2015 AD] as per Article 88 (1) of the Interim Constitution of Nepal 2063 (2007 AD) which formally cleared the way for formation of the National Reconstruction Authority. According to the ordinance the prime minister chairs the consultation committee that appoints the CEO.
The 2015-16 budget states that the Reconstruction Authority is an efficient professional mechanism with special authority with excellent leadership and financial resources.
With the authority now making preparations to jumpstart the authority’s enormous task of reconstruction and rehabilitation, we look at the present situation of some of the issues that the government had promised to intervene and provide help for in the most affected districts of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements