National Reconstruction Authority formed
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
In June, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav endorsed the Ordinance on Reconstruction of Damaged Structures 2072 [2015 AD] as per Article 88 (1) of the Interim Constitution of Nepal 2063 (2007 AD) which formally cleared the way for formation of the National Reconstruction Authority. According to the ordinance the prime minister chairs the consultation committee that appoints the CEO.
The 2015-16 budget states that the Reconstruction Authority is an efficient professional mechanism with special authority with excellent leadership and financial resources.
With the authority now making preparations to jumpstart the authority’s enormous task of reconstruction and rehabilitation, we look at the present situation of some of the issues that the government had promised to intervene and provide help for in the most affected districts of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently