National Reconstruction Authority formed
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
In June, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav endorsed the Ordinance on Reconstruction of Damaged Structures 2072 [2015 AD] as per Article 88 (1) of the Interim Constitution of Nepal 2063 (2007 AD) which formally cleared the way for formation of the National Reconstruction Authority. According to the ordinance the prime minister chairs the consultation committee that appoints the CEO.
The 2015-16 budget states that the Reconstruction Authority is an efficient professional mechanism with special authority with excellent leadership and financial resources.
With the authority now making preparations to jumpstart the authority’s enormous task of reconstruction and rehabilitation, we look at the present situation of some of the issues that the government had promised to intervene and provide help for in the most affected districts of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Five women elected to parliament so far
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
In Public InterestFive women elected to parliament so far Five women have been elected to parliament in the recently held elections. They are Pavitra Niraula ... Read More
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail