National Reconstruction Authority formed
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
In June, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav endorsed the Ordinance on Reconstruction of Damaged Structures 2072 [2015 AD] as per Article 88 (1) of the Interim Constitution of Nepal 2063 (2007 AD) which formally cleared the way for formation of the National Reconstruction Authority. According to the ordinance the prime minister chairs the consultation committee that appoints the CEO.
The 2015-16 budget states that the Reconstruction Authority is an efficient professional mechanism with special authority with excellent leadership and financial resources.
With the authority now making preparations to jumpstart the authority’s enormous task of reconstruction and rehabilitation, we look at the present situation of some of the issues that the government had promised to intervene and provide help for in the most affected districts of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Maoists were not the first to demand federalism
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 24
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 23
- Fact Check CP Mainali and Eknath Dhakal made wrong claims while opposing electoral threshold
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 22
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 21
In Public InterestWomen’s representation will increase after elections If the elections of all three levels (federal parliament, provincial parliament and local level) are... Read More
- Is provincial consent mandatory in US and India for altering provincial boundaries?
- The Uprooted
- Labor permit will be beneficial for India-bound Nepali workers
- Budhigandaki: Dam of discontent
- Ministers’ wealth: Then and now