National Reconstruction Authority formed
South Asia Check / August 20, 2015
In June, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav endorsed the Ordinance on Reconstruction of Damaged Structures 2072 [2015 AD] as per Article 88 (1) of the Interim Constitution of Nepal 2063 (2007 AD) which formally cleared the way for formation of the National Reconstruction Authority. According to the ordinance the prime minister chairs the consultation committee that appoints the CEO.
The 2015-16 budget states that the Reconstruction Authority is an efficient professional mechanism with special authority with excellent leadership and financial resources.
With the authority now making preparations to jumpstart the authority’s enormous task of reconstruction and rehabilitation, we look at the present situation of some of the issues that the government had promised to intervene and provide help for in the most affected districts of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!