Reconstruction authority bill: Six months’ progress
South Asia Check / December 15, 2015
The Legislature Parliament endorsed the Reconstruction Authority Bill on 16 December. In the timeline below we trace back the important decisions and events that took place in the last six months before the bill was endorsed.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction The Kasthamandap Reconstruction Committee, established in May 2018 to rebuild the Kasthamandap Temple at Kathmandu Durbar Square, aims to finish the work ahead of schedule. Read More
Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt Of the total 7,923 schools hit by the 2015 earthquakes, 4,098 schools have been rebuilt, according to a government report published in October 2018. Read More