Can’t journalists not spread untruth?
South Asia Check / June 7, 2017Whenever there is any report on Sher Bahadur Deuba or Kamaiya [indentured laborers], Nepali communications media present Deuba as the prime minister who liberated the Kamaiyas. When he was elected as prime minister on June 6, several communications media have credited him for liberating the Kamaiyas. Please view the link below:
After Deuba’s election as prime minister on June 6, the following communications media have credited him for Kamaiya liberation:
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements