Anonymous souces in newspapers of May 15
South Asia Check / May 22, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Vote-counting begins in some places, to start in majority places today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials concerned. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check COVID-19: There is no medicine yet, don’t get misled by misinformation
- Fact Check COVID-19: What’s circulating on social media and what are the facts?
- In Public Interest Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
In Public InterestSix things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal Economist Bishwa Poudel doubts cannabis has economic potential in Nepal saying it was already tested... Read More
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers During the three months (Oct 1-Dec 31, 2019), among the six major national dailies that we monitor, Kantipur daily used the most number of anonymous sources in the front page reports. Read More
Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers During the three months between July 1 and September 30, Nagarik used the most number of anonymous sources (227) in the front page reports. Read More