Anonymous sources in newspapers June 16
South Asia Check / June 17, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute in Federal Alliance over talks” by Madan Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Nagarik report headlined “Funds appropriated arbitrarily to appease constituents” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: An official at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, an engineer at the Department of Roads, staffers at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, and government officials.
Republica report headlined “Govt to fine schools hiking fees without its consent” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member of the Fees Management and Monitoring Central Committee. This news does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “UDMF, Federal Alliance vie for ownership of safe landing” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source close to UDMF.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India planning to boost connectivity with Nepal” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Top Indian officials, Indian officials and observers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore