Anonymous sources in newspapers June 16
South Asia Check / June 17, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute in Federal Alliance over talks” by Madan Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Nagarik report headlined “Funds appropriated arbitrarily to appease constituents” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: An official at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, an engineer at the Department of Roads, staffers at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, and government officials.
Republica report headlined “Govt to fine schools hiking fees without its consent” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member of the Fees Management and Monitoring Central Committee. This news does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “UDMF, Federal Alliance vie for ownership of safe landing” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source close to UDMF.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India planning to boost connectivity with Nepal” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Top Indian officials, Indian officials and observers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently