Anonymous sources in newspapers June 16
South Asia Check / June 17, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute in Federal Alliance over talks” by Madan Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Nagarik report headlined “Funds appropriated arbitrarily to appease constituents” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: An official at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, an engineer at the Department of Roads, staffers at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, and government officials.
Republica report headlined “Govt to fine schools hiking fees without its consent” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member of the Fees Management and Monitoring Central Committee. This news does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “UDMF, Federal Alliance vie for ownership of safe landing” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source close to UDMF.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India planning to boost connectivity with Nepal” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Top Indian officials, Indian officials and observers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements