Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 15
South Asia Check / April 16, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “[Madhav] Nepal objects to Oli’s high-handedness” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of the CPN UML, a leader, and two different sources.
Nagarik report headlined “Oli accused of engaging in extreme factionalism” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Two different [UML] leaders, a leader present at the meeting, and a central committee member of the CPN-UML.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Wildlife Week declared but senior officials in foreign junket” by Laxmiprasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official of the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation and officials of the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Housing aid too little, too late?” by Sudip Kaini datelined Gorkha has quoted one unnamed source: A government official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!