Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 15
South Asia Check / April 16, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “[Madhav] Nepal objects to Oli’s high-handedness” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of the CPN UML, a leader, and two different sources.
Nagarik report headlined “Oli accused of engaging in extreme factionalism” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Two different [UML] leaders, a leader present at the meeting, and a central committee member of the CPN-UML.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Wildlife Week declared but senior officials in foreign junket” by Laxmiprasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official of the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation and officials of the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Housing aid too little, too late?” by Sudip Kaini datelined Gorkha has quoted one unnamed source: A government official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy