Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 15
South Asia Check / April 16, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “[Madhav] Nepal objects to Oli’s high-handedness” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of the CPN UML, a leader, and two different sources.
Nagarik report headlined “Oli accused of engaging in extreme factionalism” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Two different [UML] leaders, a leader present at the meeting, and a central committee member of the CPN-UML.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Wildlife Week declared but senior officials in foreign junket” by Laxmiprasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official of the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation and officials of the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Housing aid too little, too late?” by Sudip Kaini datelined Gorkha has quoted one unnamed source: A government official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths