Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 19
South Asia Check / April 20, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Government tells Ncell in writing to pay taxes” by Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Large Taxpayers Office.
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute at Medical Education Commission over draft bill” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Medical Education Commission.
Republica report headlined “RPP-N asks PM to sack Assistant Minister Bista” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the RPP-N. The report does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “NC asks govt to call parliament session” datelined Kathmandu had quoted an unnamed close aide to Sher Bahadur Deuba. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently