Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 13
South Asia Check / August 14, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Catholic Relief Services spending budget lavishly” by Shivaraj Upreti datelined Gorkha has quoted two unnamed locals from Gorkha.
Kantipur report on the Nepali movie market headlined “Foreigners dominate domestic market” by Yajnash datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed movie director.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress working to delay state restructuring” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed district president of Nepali Congress.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Efforts on to ensure Indian president’s visit before China’s” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently