Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 13
South Asia Check / August 14, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Catholic Relief Services spending budget lavishly” by Shivaraj Upreti datelined Gorkha has quoted two unnamed locals from Gorkha.
Kantipur report on the Nepali movie market headlined “Foreigners dominate domestic market” by Yajnash datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed movie director.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress working to delay state restructuring” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed district president of Nepali Congress.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Efforts on to ensure Indian president’s visit before China’s” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?