Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 14
South Asia Check / August 14, 2015
Republica report headlined “Reconstruction authority chief picked 111 days after quake” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a minister.
Republica report headlined “Surrogacies thrive while govt confusion reigns” by Shreejana Shrestha and Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Health ministry officials and an OPD official at Grande City Clinic.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali wombs being bought and sold without restrictions” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted seven unnamed sources: officials of the curative division at the Ministry of Health and Population, an official of the Ministry of Health and Population, a staffer at the Personnel Administration Division, a highly-placed source, a staffer at the Ministry of Health and Population, a source, and a source associated with the ministry.
Nagarik report headlined “Reconstruction authority gets CEO finally “datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: source.
Nagarik report headlined “Demolish the tall houses around Koteshwar crossroads: Investigation Committee” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: highly-placed source, locals and airline companies.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Secularism to be dropped” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a leader of Nepali Congress at the Constitution Drafting Committee and a source associated with the Nepali Congress.
Annapurna Post report on the new reconstruction authority headlined “Formed finally” by Sujit Mahat and Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed sources: a source close to the prime minister.
Annapurna Post report headlined “New border pillars to be erected in 60 rivers” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a source at the survey department and an official at the survey department.
Kantipur report headlined “Way clears for reconstruction” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Pokharel picked Reconstruction Authority CEO” by Post Report datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a minister from Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently