Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 14
South Asia Check / August 14, 2015
Republica report headlined “Reconstruction authority chief picked 111 days after quake” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a minister.
Republica report headlined “Surrogacies thrive while govt confusion reigns” by Shreejana Shrestha and Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Health ministry officials and an OPD official at Grande City Clinic.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali wombs being bought and sold without restrictions” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted seven unnamed sources: officials of the curative division at the Ministry of Health and Population, an official of the Ministry of Health and Population, a staffer at the Personnel Administration Division, a highly-placed source, a staffer at the Ministry of Health and Population, a source, and a source associated with the ministry.
Nagarik report headlined “Reconstruction authority gets CEO finally “datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: source.
Nagarik report headlined “Demolish the tall houses around Koteshwar crossroads: Investigation Committee” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: highly-placed source, locals and airline companies.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Secularism to be dropped” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a leader of Nepali Congress at the Constitution Drafting Committee and a source associated with the Nepali Congress.
Annapurna Post report on the new reconstruction authority headlined “Formed finally” by Sujit Mahat and Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed sources: a source close to the prime minister.
Annapurna Post report headlined “New border pillars to be erected in 60 rivers” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a source at the survey department and an official at the survey department.
Kantipur report headlined “Way clears for reconstruction” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Pokharel picked Reconstruction Authority CEO” by Post Report datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a minister from Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore