Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 19
South Asia Check / August 19, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Police raid 22 firms, detain owners” by Manish Gautam and Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Sources at Metropolitan Police Crime Division and source involved in the raid.
Nagarik report on the new constitution headlined “All issues settled except for delineation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a source at the political meeting.
Nagarik report on commercial surrogacy headlined, “Network spreads outside Kathmandu Valley also” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a source associated with the investigation committee formed by the Ministry of Health and Population and a high-placed source at the ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government should maintain restraint” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Legitimacy of Commission on Access to Justice questioned” by Kumar Vivekananda Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a central level official of the Nepal Bar Association.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage