Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 21
South Asia Check / August 21, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Parties in plains trying to win over constituencies” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted six unnamed sources: leaders, observers, analysts, leaders of Terai Madhesh Loktantrik Party (TMLP), an aide to TMLP Chairman Mahanta Thakur and a leader from [Federal Socialist] Forum Nepal.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Goon killed in ‘encounter'” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Doctors at TU Teaching Hospital, locals, police source and an eyewitness.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “GPS way to monitor quake risks'” by Pragati Shahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: geoscientists.
Nagarik report headlined “Demarcation dispute pushes parties further apart” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: a leader present in the meeting, source, a leader from CPN-UML and a leader from Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Encounter-killing of Ghainte in broad daylight” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: a doctor, first eyewitness, second eyewitness, third eyewitness, a police officer.
Nagarik report on medical education headlined “Admission seats increased ignoring recommendation” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a high placed source of the ministry [of education].
The Himalayan Times report headlined “ADB allows blacklisted Chinese firm to continue with project to expand GBA” by Rajan Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed source: a senior official at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a senior CANN executive, and aviation officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ghainte killed” by Subash Gotame and Shambu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Meeting disrupted due to prime minister’s absence” by Narendra Saud and Rewati Sakpota datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Parties resort to trading charges” by Sarojraj Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a leader from CPN-UML and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage