Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 21
South Asia Check / August 21, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Parties in plains trying to win over constituencies” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted six unnamed sources: leaders, observers, analysts, leaders of Terai Madhesh Loktantrik Party (TMLP), an aide to TMLP Chairman Mahanta Thakur and a leader from [Federal Socialist] Forum Nepal.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Goon killed in ‘encounter'” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Doctors at TU Teaching Hospital, locals, police source and an eyewitness.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “GPS way to monitor quake risks'” by Pragati Shahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: geoscientists.
Nagarik report headlined “Demarcation dispute pushes parties further apart” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: a leader present in the meeting, source, a leader from CPN-UML and a leader from Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Encounter-killing of Ghainte in broad daylight” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: a doctor, first eyewitness, second eyewitness, third eyewitness, a police officer.
Nagarik report on medical education headlined “Admission seats increased ignoring recommendation” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a high placed source of the ministry [of education].
The Himalayan Times report headlined “ADB allows blacklisted Chinese firm to continue with project to expand GBA” by Rajan Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed source: a senior official at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a senior CANN executive, and aviation officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ghainte killed” by Subash Gotame and Shambu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Meeting disrupted due to prime minister’s absence” by Narendra Saud and Rewati Sakpota datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Parties resort to trading charges” by Sarojraj Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a leader from CPN-UML and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently