Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 26
South Asia Check / August 28, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Far-west DIGs, Kailali CDO recalled” and datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What caused the Karnali carnage” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Thakur Singh Tharu, datelined Tikapur (Kailali) has quoted an unnamed “high-level police source” and an unnamed witness.
Nagarik report headlined “Criminal groups in Kailali incident” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister, an unnamed source at the Ministry of Home Affairs and an unnamed police officer.
Republica report headlined “Probe committee on Kailali incident formed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister
Kantipur report headlined “Top officials reshuffled” by Pratima Banskota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Lack of security coordination led to violence” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Thakur Singh Tharu datelined Tikapur (Kailali) has quoted an unnamed police source
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage