Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 26
South Asia Check / August 28, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Far-west DIGs, Kailali CDO recalled” and datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What caused the Karnali carnage” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Thakur Singh Tharu, datelined Tikapur (Kailali) has quoted an unnamed “high-level police source” and an unnamed witness.
Nagarik report headlined “Criminal groups in Kailali incident” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister, an unnamed source at the Ministry of Home Affairs and an unnamed police officer.
Republica report headlined “Probe committee on Kailali incident formed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister
Kantipur report headlined “Top officials reshuffled” by Pratima Banskota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Lack of security coordination led to violence” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Thakur Singh Tharu datelined Tikapur (Kailali) has quoted an unnamed police source
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently