Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 28
South Asia Check / August 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “They chased and killed him” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur has quoted an unnamed eyewitness recounting the horrific 24 August killings in Tikapur.
Annapurna Post report on home minister’s clarification to parliament on army deployment in Kailali headlined “President not satisfied [with clarification]” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
Republica report headlined “Eyewitnesses recount cold-blooded Kailali killings” by Yogesh Rawal datelined Kailali has quoted an unnamed local of Tikapur.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Four parties to wait for agitators’ response” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader who was present at the meeting of the four parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently