Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 28
South Asia Check / August 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “They chased and killed him” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur has quoted an unnamed eyewitness recounting the horrific 24 August killings in Tikapur.
Annapurna Post report on home minister’s clarification to parliament on army deployment in Kailali headlined “President not satisfied [with clarification]” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
Republica report headlined “Eyewitnesses recount cold-blooded Kailali killings” by Yogesh Rawal datelined Kailali has quoted an unnamed local of Tikapur.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Four parties to wait for agitators’ response” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader who was present at the meeting of the four parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage