Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 28
South Asia Check / August 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “They chased and killed him” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur has quoted an unnamed eyewitness recounting the horrific 24 August killings in Tikapur.
Annapurna Post report on home minister’s clarification to parliament on army deployment in Kailali headlined “President not satisfied [with clarification]” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
Republica report headlined “Eyewitnesses recount cold-blooded Kailali killings” by Yogesh Rawal datelined Kailali has quoted an unnamed local of Tikapur.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Four parties to wait for agitators’ response” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader who was present at the meeting of the four parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item