Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 28
South Asia Check / August 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “They chased and killed him” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur has quoted an unnamed eyewitness recounting the horrific 24 August killings in Tikapur.
Annapurna Post report on home minister’s clarification to parliament on army deployment in Kailali headlined “President not satisfied [with clarification]” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
Republica report headlined “Eyewitnesses recount cold-blooded Kailali killings” by Yogesh Rawal datelined Kailali has quoted an unnamed local of Tikapur.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Four parties to wait for agitators’ response” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader who was present at the meeting of the four parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?