Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 3
South Asia Check / August 4, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “NEA records Rs 12 billion loss” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official of the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and another official of the NEA.
Kantipur report headlined “Interference in NMC itself” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Highly-placed source, Institute of Medicine (IOM) source, Nepal Medical Council (NMC) source in two instances, a source, and a member of the NMC.
Nagarik report headlined “Donors acting arbitrarily in reconstruction work” by Pravin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source associated with the National Reconstruction Authority, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Nidhi to lead Nepali Congress team in government” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source close to Deuba in two instances, source, a leader of NC and a central committee member of NC. Here NC stands for Nepali Congress.
Kantipur report headlined “Efforts at agreement with alliance disrupted” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A senior leader.
Republica report headlined “Govt not to allow perks incentives in blanket fashion” jointly by Gyan P Neupane and Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: OPMCM source. Here, OPMCM stands for Office of Prime Minister and Council of Minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Gathabandhan presses for quid pro quo deal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: SSF-M leaders, interlocutors, Madhesi leaders and Gathabandhan leaders. Here, SSF-N stands for Sanghiya Samajbadi Forum-Nepal. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently