Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 30
South Asia Check / August 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Tikapur carnage” by Bishwamani Pokharel, Dil Bahadur Chhatyal and Yogesh Rawal datelined Tikapur has quoted an unnamed source and two unnamed locals.
Nagarik report on the draft constitution headlined “Seven days given for filing amendment” by Balaram Pandey has quoted an anonymous source from the Constituent Assembly secretariat.
Annapurna Post report headlined “No staff at airport customs” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed security official.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Conditions for talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!